BUT YOU
- 网络但你;但是你;只有你;除了你
-
But you yourself know everything , right ?
只有你自己才知道一切?
-
Nothing exists but you .
存在的只有你自己。
-
I think there 's a bus at 8 but you 'd better call to make certain .
好像8点有一班公共汽车,不过你最好打电话弄清楚。
-
You 'll need some cash in local currency but you can also use your credit card .
你将需要一些当地的货币现金,但也可使用信用卡。
-
I hear what you 're saying , but you 're wrong .
我已经听到你的意见了,但你错了。
-
Admittedly , it is rather expensive but you don 't need to use much .
它的确很贵,但不需要用得很多。
-
I don 't think for a moment that she 'll accept but you can ask her .
我觉得她一定不会接受的,不过你可以去问问她。
-
I don 't want to press the point , but you do owe me $ 200 .
我不想老提这一点,但你确实欠我200元钱。
-
I don 't think for a minute that she 'll accept but you can ask her .
我认为她绝不会接受,但你可以问问她。
-
There 's a room free in Bob 's house next week but you can stay with us until then .
下星期鲍勃家有一个房间空着,不过在那之前你可以和我们住在一起。
-
It 's easy for you to tell me to keep calm , but you 're not in my position .
你让我保持冷静当然容易,那是你没到我这份上。
-
You can argue till you 're blue in the face , but you won 't change my mind .
你可以费尽口舌,但改变不了我的主意。
-
It 's really a cheat , but you can use ready-made pastry if you want .
这东西真是骗人,但如果你愿意的话,可以用现成的油酥面团。
-
You 're welcome to stay to supper , but you 'll have to take pot luck .
欢迎你留下来吃晚饭,不过你得有什么就吃什么了。
-
We would have liked to invite all our relatives , but you have to draw the line somewhere .
我们本倒是愿意邀请所有亲戚的,但总得有个限度呀。
-
Well , I 'm sorry you 've lost your shoes , but you 've got to laugh , haven 't you ?
啊,真糟糕,你的鞋子丢了,可是这也挺逗的,是不是?
-
You can have a burger , but you can 't have fries as well .
你可以吃汉堡包,但不可以同时又吃炸薯条。
-
I 'm sorry you 're not happy about it but you 'll just have to lump it .
你不满意我很抱歉,可你只好将就一点了。
-
The technology was good , but you couldn 't do much with it .
这项技术不错,但用处不大。
-
People will talk , but you have to get on with your life .
人们会有议论,但日子还得过下去。
-
We tried to call you back but you were engaged .
我们试着给你回电,但是你正在通话中。
-
But you don 't want some old crock like me .
但你不需要像我这样的老家伙。
-
But you 'd find him a good worker if you showed him what to do .
但是只要教给他怎么做,就会发现他是个不错的员工。
-
But you have to go on the facts
但是,你得依照事实。
-
You may never be another Hemingway , but you can learn to write well .
你可能成不了第二个海明威,但你可以练就一手好文笔。
-
There might be an even bigger one — I doubt it , but you never know .
可能还有个比这还要大的——我觉得有点悬,但也很难说。
-
I hate to admit it , but you were right .
我不得不承认,你是对的。
-
Luke never tells you the whole story , but you always get the picture .
卢克从不告诉你事情的来龙去脉,但你总会弄明白是怎么回事。
-
You don 't get rich , but you can get a modest living out of it .
你不会因此而发财,却可以使自己的生活能过得去。
-
' Will it happen again ? ' — ' I hope not , but you never know . '
“这事还会再发生吗?”——“但愿不会,但谁知道呢。”